Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oh I Don't Think So..



Ann Coulter has been plugging her new book on various talk shows this week and she took the time to bless us with her presence on the Today Show this morning. Her basis for the book is her claim that liberals and the left wing promote victim hood and that's what is really destroying America. During her sit down interview with Matt Lauer, she announced her latest target: single moms. According to Annie, all of our problems in the world are caused by single mothers. A direct quote from her book,"Look at any societal problem, and it is a problem of single motherhood."

Really Ann? As a woman who was raised by a single mother and the sister of a fatherless child, I can honestly say firsthand, you couldn't be more wrong. My Mother, my sister and myself are law abiding citizens who work and go to school. We aren't stealing, killing or causing any problems within our community or the nation as a whole. We aren't a threat to the "nuclear family" as you call it. We are the nuclear family. We are human beings who don't deserve your labels and your judgement. How dare you blame us for the mistakes of two men that decided they didn't want to take care of their children. They made the choice to either leave or be violent instead of raising and nurturing the lives they created. It wasn't my Mothers fault, it wasn't my sisters fault and it wasn't my fault for the decisions they made, but in the end it was for the best and we stand together as 3 strong women with the love we have for each other. Being raised by a single mother or a single parent doesn't make you any less of a person than if you were raised by two parents. Being a single mother or a single parent makes you 10 times stronger than if you had someone else with you to help raise your child or children. You don't get to pick and choose the perfect outcome or what anyone would call a "normal" family life, you make the best of a bad situation and take care of each other.

There are many, many, many things I would like to say about Ann, but I'm a lady, a lady raised by a single mother and my Mother is far more important to me than Ann, so all I will say is happy birthday Mama (her birthday really is today), I love you and I thank you for my blessed life.

If you lack brains, you can buy her new book Guilty: Liberal 'Victims' and Their Assault on America, in stores now.

No comments:

Post a Comment