Saturday, January 24, 2009

If I Knew You Then I Would Need Pills


D-list actress Bijou Phillips and her loser boyfriend Danny Masterson gave an interview to Papermag. Let me just say, I don't care what your religious preference is, but whyyyyyy on earth do people have to start attacking psychiatrists and medicine? OH! If you haven't guessed by now, they're devout Scientologists! Yep, they're in with Tom and Katie and that chick from Dharma and Greg. I'm starting to think celebrities secretly join Scientology just to get close to Tom's star power so they can feed off of him in hopes of getting movie deals. It's just a thought.

Anyway, Ms. Phillips told the mag, "My grandparents didn't take any pills and they were fine. Just buck up and get over it. Stop being such a fucking pansy." Yes, if you suffer from any kind of emotional disability, just know, you're a fucking pansy, that's the way to make someone feel better.

She lamented on how dangerous doctors prescribing meds for depression and anxiety is. I know, there's totally no need to take medicine if you feel like killing yourself or can't leave the house. Go get a big bottle of water and some vitamins then go for a walk!! That's it, a walk would help..but wait you can't leave the house. Okay, walk in your living room for 30 minutes! That should completely cure your anxiety! If your a schizophrenic, have symptoms of psychosis..maybe you "see" things that aren't there, the vitamin/exerice route is the way to go!! *Wink wink*

When Danny was asked if Scientology has helped him be successful in Hollywood (see someone else thinks the same way I do!) he says, "The definition of Scientology is 'the study of knowledge,'" he explains carefully. "Obviously, the more knowledge you have in a given field, such as life, the more confident you are as a person. I don't feel any pressure from Hollywood at all. It's 80 percent a community of artists creating art -- there's no pressure making art, it's a necessity."

I can't stand when people think they know everything about mental illness and medication that's prescribed by a doctor. I'm not an expert, but as someone that's suffered from anxiety and depression, let me just say, you don't know shit. If you want to read what else these assholes have to say, go here.

Image: PaperMag

No comments:

Post a Comment