Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Booted!


DeShawn Snow has been booted from The Real Housewives of Atlanta. No word on who will be replacing her in season 2, but it's sad that they kicked off the only sane one on the damn show!

ESSENCE.COM: We hear that you are no longer returning to “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.” Is that true?

DESHAWN SHOW: Yes, one of the producers called me yesterday and said that they wouldn’t take my option.

ESSENCE.COM: What reason did they give for not inviting you back for the second season?

SNOW: [One of the producers] called and said that I was “too human for a circus show” and that because the show did so well, they are about to pump up the drama and they didn’t think that I would fit in. He gave me an example, saying that during the reunion when I found out what a few of the other ladies said about me, they were expecting me to say more, but I’m not the type to go “television” and start acting crazy because somebody’s talking about me. I’m fine with the decision. It wasn’t my decision. They let me go and there are no hard feelings. I am thankful for the opportunity.

ESSENCE.COM: So were you at all shocked by the decision?

SNOW: I didn’t see it coming. I was shocked because I just talked to them in December about the new season. It’s not like they came to me and gave me an option by saying, “We’re going to take a new direction and we want to know if you could be more like this.” I was a little hurt, but I just look at it like I am what I am. [My personality] didn’t seem to be a problem before, but I suppose the show took a different direction and they no longer see me as the right fit. If you look at all the other housewives, they are all different. I believe God moves people out of your way. It’s about God having his hand upon you and doing things for you. I’m not judging my situation. I look at the show as just a shutter-glimpse of what God has in store for me. I enjoyed being on the show and hanging with the girls. At the end of the day, I was the same person throughout the show. I never changed. I was authentic and true to myself and I can’t control what other people do.

Image: Getty

No comments:

Post a Comment