Saturday, January 17, 2009

Defending Stupidity



Johnny Knoxville has taken to his blog to speak about the fake grenade that was found in his luggage earlier this week at LAX that caused him to be given a citation. Here's what the blog said:

A few days ago, I was filming some commercials for this show we are doing for MTV called Nitro Circus, so I took a bunch of silly props in my carry-on bag to the shoot. Well, when the shoot was over, the wardrobe girl packed my luggage so I could go home and, unbeknownst to me, she packed a FAKE hand grenade (a prop grenade that I’d taken to the shoot) in the front zipper of my luggage. Needless to say, when I was packing to go out of town this morning with my girlfriend and daughter, I didn’t see the FAKE grenade in my luggage.

Ah fuck was I bummed when I realized what had happened… The cops did their job and verified that it wasn’t real. Also, they were cool as they could be to me, considering the situation, and it is no ones fault but my own. I should have checked my goddamn luggage through and through, but I didn’t and now we have this incident. From what I hear, all the tabloids are saying it was a real grenade, but that’s bullshit. They just said that to make a story out of it, because if it was real I never would have been allowed to board my flight to Miami an hour later. Anyway, it was a mistake, and I just landed at the Miami airport. Damn.

—Johnny Knoxville

P.S. When I saw the bomb-sniffing dog, I thought, “Oh shit, I hope I didn’t bring any of my films in my backpack!”

That last line was funny, but poor wardrobe girl, first she had to blow Johnny and now she gets blamed for the fake grenade..

Image: SplashNews

No comments:

Post a Comment