Thursday, January 8, 2009

Name Drop Much?


Lindsay Lohan is featured in the new issue of Interview Magazine and the reporter shooting the questions, was none other than 65 year old model/actress Lauren Hutton.

Lindsay opens up about about the paparazzi, her multiple car accidents, privacy and
whether she's earned the reputation that follows her. Here are a few quotes from the interview which can be read here.

"I wanted to be a movie star. But movie stars are not what they used to be. When I was a kid, I thought movie stars were women and men who were in these great films that we still look at now. But I don't think there are too many films coming out these days that we're going to look at in the future and say, "This is one of the great ones." Like, what is the great film that I will tell my children about? I'm still going to tell them about the old films, the Hitchcock films. And people my age don't even know who those people are. I can't even have a conversation with most people of my generation about that, because they'd be like, "Okay, she's a freak. Something's wrong with her." And the worst part is, in terms of what people see of me, I have become this girl who just loves to be photographed, doesn't know how to focus, doesn't know how to work on set, just loves the attention, knows how to go out at night, knows how to party. And you know what? I was 20 years old. I never went to college. And I lived maybe six months out of my life like that, doing something wrong, and then I stopped. God forbid I should have ever learned my lesson. But at this point it's so hard for people to even believe that there was a lesson to be learned at all, because they just think I'm wrong. All these people think I'm never going to be right, because it's more interesting to fabricate this other girl. Who wants to read a tabloid story about a girl who is doing well?"

Name dropping Heath Ledger, Pharrell and ScarJo:

"I mean, it's this business. Heath Ledger once said something about this to me. He said: "It's build you up to knock you down, and that's all it is. And you just have to see
if you can stand through it." And it is like that, if you put yourself in this situation. I was young, so maybe I did . . . I always wanted to take the blame. I've always been apologetic for other people's faults."

"You know who said something like that to me recently? Pharrell Williams. He's an amazing guy. He's only been really kind to me whenever I've met him. He said, "I'd love to make a great record with you, but I want to take you out of all the elements that you're used to. Let's go away. Let's go somewhere nice where you can be focused, and let's make an album there." I really respected that because not only is it hard for someone to just say something like that, it's nice that, as much as I admire him, he would even take the time to say that to me. But it's true. That's what it takes.

"What hurts me the most is that I work just as hard as any other actress around my age, like Scarlett Johansson, but I just don't get the opportunities that they get because people are so distracted by the mess that I created in my life. But that doesn't mean it's going to last forever."

You can't take one thing away from her, she takes one hell of a picture. Be a full time model Lilo! No acting or singing required!!

The February issue featuring cover girl Linds, hits stands on January 20th.

Image: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

No comments:

Post a Comment