Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Model Life


He may not be a household name, but model Matthew "Jett" Schaefer passed away from complications due to cancer on January 7th. He was just 36 years old.

This was his second battle against leukemia and he beat it, however the chemotherapy treatments he received had weakened his immune system and he contracted a rare infection in his sinuses that spread throughout his head.

Along with modeling for runways and print campaigns for designers like Versace, Armani and Calvin Klein, he also did acting and was a licensed pilot and certified flight instructor.

Jett was stunningly beautiful and in a strange twist, he is featured on this months cover of Maximum Fitness magazine with an article entitled "How I cheated death." In the magazine he says, “I want to know that when I am gone, people will have learned and taken something from me to make their lives better.” “I want to help as many people as I can while maximizing the most I can get from life.”

Image: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment